Monday, May 5, 2008

Karma

I was at the supermarket yesterday buying supplies for my parents' (second) barbecue of the summer. I couldn't find fresh corn in the vegetables and fruits section, so I asked one of the attendants. As he turned to answer, I realized I knew the guy. It was the cool kid from my elementary school, that all the girls wanted to date and all the boys wanted to be soccer buds with. Hahahaha, anyway, he recognized me and asked what I was doing with my life, I told him briefly about my schooling, etc., and he told me that basically, he worked full-time at the supermarket. OMG, sometimes, I'm handed these types of really enjoyable moments I wish I could stew in.

I wouldn't be as proud and cocky about it if we hadn't been in the positions we had been in several years ago in elementary. I was in a gifted program during the last years of elementary, and had to transfer to a different school. As a "brainer" (this was the clever slang the normies, :P, used), I was made fun of and excluded just because of the class I was in. Vegetable Boy was among the people who acted superior and overall douchey to all of us (the gifted kids). Needless to say, karma's awesome (even though this isn't real karma, that is to say this isn't how karma really works).

It's funny though, looking back on my experiences and the non-violent bullying I faced, I'm generally glad about how my life has turned out. I mean, as shitty as I might do in life (with grades and what not), at least I can expect a semblance of a successful future. Come to think of it, of all of the kids from my elementary school (outside of gifted), I only know of a couple who've gone on to any type of post-secondary school. Not to say that in order to be successful you must go to college or university, but these were kids who always ragged on us for being academic, etc. It's just funny how life turns out.

1 comment:

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

"brainers"...."normies".....LOL. I went to Nerd Camp, I feel ya! Oh, and I still remember my gifted and talented reading group, "The Carrots"....why, because I was the only boy, and all of the girls thought it'd be cute.