Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Favourite wastes of time


Admittedly, I am a huge procrastinator. Not huge physically, obvz, but huge as in "my capacity to". I can procrastinate for even the simplest tasks. Like planning my course schedule for next year, or doing the laundry. Anything. In fact, I have such little determination that I have missed classes because of my laziness/ability to procrastinate getting ready or finding my purse/book bag, etc. It's really that bad.

For anyone who is not as adept as I (I'm not proud of this, at least not totally) at procrastinating, here are some of my favourite things to do that facilitate my procrastination. Enjoy (as much as I do)!
  1. Team Fortress 2. Seriously, I've mentioned this before (I think), one of the BEST VIDEO GAMES EVER. I'm not a big video game fan, but this is so addictive and fun and not as nerdy as might be expected. According to Wikipedia, it is a "team-based first-person shooter multiplayer" video game. Basically, there are several classes (medic, soldier, scout, spy, heavy, pyro, demo, engineer, sniper) that you can choose to play, and your team competes against another to complete missions (capture the flag, standing on checkpoints, etc). It's simple in theory, but amazing. My favourite class is spy. You get to sneak around and fulfill any childhood aspirations you had to be James Bond (becoming invisible, sapping sentry guns and backstabbing opponents). Sounds great, right? Youtube it to check it out.

  2. Shopping. This is self explanatory, I think. While commuting to school, I have the option of subwaying to several major shopping districts. Needless to say, I have been late (and/or missed) to class because of this. However, I have a great closet to show for it :)
  3. Wikipedia. My intellectual side likes to read and research things. My lazy side hates doing school-related reading. Wikipedia allows me to learn without scholastic pressure!

  4. Youtube. I love finding funny things and forwarding them to friends. Like, Charlie Bit Me. Comedic gold!!

  5. Running. This is my healthy waste of time. So, technically, it's a complete waste of time (my heart and thighs :( appreciate it).

  6. Television or movies. I won't lie, I'd do these things even without motivation. I love television. I'm not one to watch just for watching, but certain shows I can schedule my life around. And I love movies.

  7. (Sort of) Blogging. I haven't gotten that into blogging yet, but I can see this happening in the future... :P

That's all! How do you waste your time and/or avoid completing projects?

5 comments:

Ivonne said...

I am a huge procrastinator too.
What about just aimlessly surfing the net? I can honestly spend HOURS glued to my computer not doing anything in particular.

P.S: I wish I had a healthy waste of time. MY thunderous thighs would appreciate too.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Okay, you sold me....I'm playing TF2 when I get home. I don't game much, but drop me an e-mail if you want my gamer tag on PS3, I don't want to post it on the interwebz. :D

Daisy said...

DG: I credit my dogs for my running affinity... without them, I'd probably be a total couch potato :P And yes, I can aimlessly surf the net too (Googling things with no end!).

TR: Yesss! Was it the incessant promoting of it? I would e-mail for your gamer tag, but I don't want to risk anonymity yet :).

Do tell me if you enjoy it, and maybe I'll catch you on the "interwebz", LOL, on TF2.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

daisy: You definitely were a reminder! It is great, I stayed up much too late last night playing....thankfully I had today off. :D

StaCey said...

I read. I read and I read. And google things. It's ridiculous. And as far as video games go, I'm not sure whe it happened but I've become addicted to a few myself.
Le-Sigh