Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daisy for "Daisy".


For all who might be curious, my pseudonym was inspired by a perfume I came across and basically love-at-first-smelled in Sephora (love!). Not surprisingly, I'm talking about Daisy by Marc Jacobs. It smells delicious (not delicious like food, but delicious like you wash your laundry with Gain and you can't stop sniffing the linens).

According to Marc Jacobs (the brand, not man), the fragrance is meant to be "happy and youthful". Its top notes are wild strawberry and red grapefruit with floral notes to follow (gardenia, violet, jasmine), finally, its base includes musk, vanilla and white woods. It's not overly sweet like many perfumes that are fruity or citrus-y. Overall Daisy is a sheer, "sunny" scent that isn't overpowering or headache-inducing. Its my daytime scent that I think is suitable for class, shopping, and basically any other casual affairs.

Plus, the bottle is cute, right? I'm not a huge perfume fan, but I lurvvve Daisy. I'm trying to think of other scents that I've bought into... Light Blue (by Dolce & Gabbana), is all that I can readily recall. My preferences are a bit juvenile, I'll admit, I generally prefer light, citrus or floral scents that don't give me a headache (most perfumes make me dizzy :( ).
Sooo, what are your favourite fragrances? Have you ever tried Marc Jacobs' Daisy?

6 comments:

Ivonne said...

I had a feeling your pseudonym came from that! I'm psychic.

I love that perfume, it's actually the second next on my list. First is Rock and Rose by Viktor and Rolf. I collect designer perfumes, so I really can't tell you my favorite. I have like 5 that I keep in heavy rotation.

Ivonne said...

I meant Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf. I also want Valentino's Rock and Rose.

Daisy said...

Hahaa, you must be psychic!

I've never tried Flowerbomb! I'll check it out the next time I'm out shopping! I want to find more fragrances that I'll like, I get bored with having only a couple :P

Valley Girl said...

I wear either Chance by Chanel or Spring Flower by Creed. Marc Jacobs' Daisy is lovely! Good choice.

Daisy said...

VG: Thanks! I've tried Chance, it's very nice too. =)

StaCey said...

I tend to like light fruity scents. However, Mademoiselle by Chanel is my all time favorite and I'm really not even sure why.
I'll have to go check out this Daisy though, I know that I'm a huge fan of Marc Jacobs bags sooo...